August 28, 2011

A confession of things that (despite their appeal) make me embarrassingly unclassy

-My deep affinity for cheeseburgers. The greasier the better.

-I admit that I thoroughly enjoy the TV show Family Guy, and to a lesser degree, South Park. I laugh hysterically at every crude joke and inappropriate celebrity reference. Every time.

-I also have a shameful addiction to Bravo TV reality shows. I’m not even sure if my 
pretension about liking Truffaut can save me from this, but yes.

-I sometimes still wear flip-flops to places other than the beach or gym showers. Whatever, at least they're not mandals. 

-I absolutely love ramen. The most stereotypically college bachelor type of food to eat. Well guess what haters? I am in college, and I am a bachelor. This food was pretty much designed for me.

-I once loved, and still do, Animorphs. I’m sorry, Faulkner and Twain. No matter how much I adore your writing, there will always be a set place in my heart for some good old 90’s alien-DNA-altering-technology. I’m pretty sure that I read every one of those books. I’m getting chills just thinking about it again.

-While living at home, I liked having burping contests with my 8 year old brother.  I did this, of course, in between session of Debussy piano practicing and looking at the latest Dior collection.  

-A final thing that makes me unclassy? My love for dirty rap music, electro dance music, and Britney Spears (ohmygosh, the song Toxic? I could listen to that all day).




*This list is in no way comprehensive: there is much more that I refrain from saying

1 comment:

  1. ohmygosh, can we have a Britney Spears sing along when I'm back, please? They're probably one of my favorite things to do.

    #embarrassingbutidontcare

    ReplyDelete