August 15, 2011

Happenings in Idaho

1. I have finally purchased my first black turtleneck, which is something I've been wanting since I first heard of beatniks when I was eleven. And then I heard of the French. And then I heard of fashion. Huh. Pretty much everything good in life points me to it. I figure it's a staple that everyone should simply have. I don't know why in the world it's taken me so long to get one. It's not like I need the black-slimming power though; I figure my 19.5 BMI doesn't really need much more help ( and it's struggling enough as it is because of my love for pears instead of cupcakes). A friend of mine once told me that turtlenecks are just one of those things that really scream, "Hey, I'm a social outcast who makes up for it by pretentiously wearing old man clothes." Well hey, bingo :)  

[Bytheway, all you haters who don't like people wearing leather loafers, my grandfather sincerely complimented me on mine yesterday. He said that he really liked them. So there. And no, this does not prove your point]


2. Also, I've come the conclusion that the test for any and all clothing materials is, does it go well with khaki? Funny how the material didn't even exist until about a hundred years ago. Regardless, yes, I believe that any decent shoe, scarf, pant, or shirt should be able to fit well along side this color (excluding, of course, anything of a differing shade of khaki. duh). If it doesn't, well then I really don't see the value in even owning it.


3. I've finished my first crop harvest today, or at least started it, and must admit that I am quite proud of myself. A city boy by nature, a Southerner by blood and upbringing, and a Frenchie at heart, I certainly felt out of place in rural Idaho--which I've been coming to every summer since age thirteen--, but harvesting is actually really fulfilling.  (and the Idaho dust? Maybe that's where my love for khaki comes from. The trauma's been engrained on my psyche)

4. While eating breakfast at my grandparents house this morning--multiple servings of sausage, eggs, and biscuits with gravy (which had more sausage in it)-- I realized that at that moment, I was injesting more protein than I probably had my entire freshman year at college. Once again, this isn't helped by the fact that I prefer apricots to bacon, but whatever. Someday all you buff guys will be saggy and bloated and you will lust after my figure. Just you wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment