August 4, 2011

Image Dump I

Instead of doing my assigned reading, instead of working on my art final, instead of being productive, and above all, instead of sleeping, I decided to waste a few good hours on stumbleupon.com. I'm not sure if I've ever not spent 3 hours or more on that site at any given time. It's so addicting. For those of you who haven't ever been on it, you begin the site by selecting certain interests, and the server finds random websites that correlate to that interest (i.e. an interest in "Fine Art" will bring up artist web-pages, museum reviews, art theory, etc). 


I go through phases of obsessively pursuing certain interest--for a while all I will look at are "Satire" sites, other time, "Sculpting." 


Lately though, I've been following the Graphic Design area. Given the exorbitant amounts of images I'm downloading, I feel somewhat gluttonous and selfish not sharing them with people. Some of them are designs and photos I was drawn simply to because it's a style similar to mine, others were of a style that I wish to improve to, others were ones that I want to revamp and make modern. Others were ones that I didn't think were too successful, but were ones that I thought that I could fix or make better. 


I also plan to make the concept of an "Image Dump" more frequent, as it's a good cleanser to my already overwhelmed hard-drive. Here are a couple of the images that I really liked:













No comments:

Post a Comment