September 4, 2011

Edith Piaf & Magali Noël

Ici,  two of my newest obsessions in French music. Of course, what French music would be complete without Edith Piaf? (French music without her would be like American government without The Constitution. A bit of a stretch? I think not). 





And then a new girl: Magali Noël. I do not know how I have never heard of her. I was browsing youtube and ran across a video of hers, and within ten seconds, I was in love. This song was apparently one of the first French rock-and-roll songs and was also banned on French radios for years due to it's incredibly risqué lyrics (for the non-Frenchies listening, it's about a sadomasochistic encounter). 



I'm almost embarrassed to say that I haven't heard of these (of these songs by Piaf, and of Magali Noel at all). If and when any of you run across something deliciously French, please do not hesitate to tell me. My repertoire is sparse.  

No comments:

Post a Comment